Lunchbox Learners :: Helping Students to Read!
Big Brothers Big Sisters Lunchbox Learners program focuses on helping children in grades K - 3 improve their reading skills. Mentors & students meet weekly during the student's lunch hour to read books, play word games and make reading fun!
How Does it Work?
- A volunteer is matched with one student in an elementary school who has been referred to our program by a teacher.
- The volunteer and child meet to read and work on homework.
- The volunteer meets with the same child on the same day and at the same time each week for the duration of the school year.
- The volunteer and child meet at the student’s school.
- A Big Brothers Big Sisters Site Supervisor will be on location to assist whenever needed.
- All volunteers undergo a background screening which includes a criminal background check and an interview with a Big Brothers Big Sisters Site Supervisor.
Adams, Central Park, Chestnut Hill, Plymouth, Seibert
How You Can Get Involved
Fill out the simple form below, and someone will get back with you soon! Or you can contact the Big Brothers Big Sisters office at 989.631.5360