Teaming Up With YOUth
Teaming Up With YOUth :: Helping Youth Succeed!
Big Brothers Big Sisters is teaming up with elementary schools in an effort to help students succeed. Teaming Up with YOUth strives to improve the academic, social, and relationship skills of children by matching them one-to-one with mentors.
How Does it Work?
- A volunteer is matched with one student in an elementary school who has been referred to our program by a teacher or counselor.
- The volunteer and child work together on tasks in a fun, relaxed setting.
- The volunteer meets with the same child on the same day and at the same time each week for a minimum of one school year.
- The volunteer and child meet at the mentoring site, which is typically the child’s school.
- A Big Brothers Big Sisters Site Supervisor is on location to assist whenever needed.
Adams, Bullock Creek/Pine River, Chestnut Hill, Floyd, Plymouth, Siebert, and Woodcrest.
Auburn, Washington, MacGregor, McAlear-Sawden
Merrill Park, Stone
How You Can Get Involved
Apply online or contact the Big Brothers Big Sisters office at 989.631.5360.